Welcome to the official page of the "Contact. Wait out." sketch series. Zeitgeist of the British Army.

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Contact. Wait out. #37. Menagerie.

Contact. Wait out. #37. Menagerie.

There's something about military establishments and pets. I can't count the number of times that I've gone into somebody's office only to be met by their dog. On one occasion, while visiting the Army Air Corps, I entered an office and found that there were several big dogs in there. It had a bit of a whiff, and I had to wade through the things, but I didn't really mind. Having a dog around is sometimes a nice distraction.

On occasion, they can be a pain in the backside. There was a Red Setter visiting with an officer one day, and the thing pissed that often that as soon as you entered the corridor, you were overwhelmed with the smell. The owner didn't seem to notice and thought his dog was lovely. I don't remember the dog's name, it was something like Buster or Barney, I just remember the stink.

Thankfully, the regular additions to the local workforce where I am are well behaved and friendly. They don't stink, or piss all over the place, they just mind their own business and destroy the odd chewy toy. To that end, this strip is dedicated to Polo, Lilly, and Molly. That's right three in my building alone. That doesn't include the odd occasions when Molly's best mate is there or when we get visits from other animals. I've even had a barn owl in the office shitting all over the floor. A barn owl!

No comments:

Post a Comment