Welcome to the official page of the "Contact. Wait out." sketch series. Zeitgeist of the British Army.

Thursday 18 June 2015

Contact. Wait out. #38. BATCO.

 Click on the image for full screen.
 
Contact. Wait out. #38. BATCO.

Ok, so if you don't know what BATCO is then this strip won't make sense so I'll tell you quickly. BATCO is an encryption system on the net that uses a series of letters in groups. You send messages using the BATCO sheet and the person at the other end uses their BATCO sheet do decode it. I reckon that's as much as I can say without the MPs coming to arrest me for giving away state secrets.

I heard a colleague ripping one of our mates for his crap text messaging the other day and it gave me the idea for this strip. The guy in question does indeed send cryptic messages that need deciphering and I've had many messages from him that were difficult to figure out. I guess the written word is not his strong point. It doesn't matter all that much though as he makes up for it with his freakish physical fitness and mong strength.

That's not the worst though. We've all got friends that send BATCO texts but I knew a guy once who'd send such meaningless gibberish that I'd have to actually call him to find out what he was talking about. Seriously, what's the point of sending a message if you don't even know what you're writing. It was like English wasn't his first language but he was quite at home writing in Klingon.

Anyway, I have to thank Pte. Harvey for the inspiration. Cheers dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment